Wednesday, April 19, 2006


Sorry for the delays between posts - have been busy trying to get Joseph to sleep during the day (unsuccessfully) and Mum and Dad are here to visit their favourite grandson.

On the plus side, Joseph is still feeding like a trooper and now weighs 5.52kg (11lb 2 oz) - he will be five weeks old tomorrow! He's smiling quite a bit and there are lots of new noises (vocalisation I believe they call it). His tummy time capabilities are coming along well and I'll get a photo of that for the next post.

We have had a couple of sessions at the Plunket Sleep Boot Camp - ofcourse he was a little angel for them and settled to sleep as soon as they put him to bed. Very demoralising! However, I did learn some "settling strategies" and got indoctrinated into the Plunket routine (basically a four hour cycle - one hour up for tummy time, feeding, nappy change, burping, playing and then three hours down for sleep). Unfortunately, as all babies are little individuals, I can't quite pigeon hole Joseph into this routine but at least I have some guidelines as to what is possible. He is a good sleeper at night so I know that that is the preferred option!!

As you can see, we're trying a dummy - he's not a super big fan of it but it does seem to relax him and take his mind off crying.

No comments: