Monday, November 17, 2008

This post is for w/c Sunday 16th November 2008.

We had some lovely weather this week which meant Joseph wore shorts and tshirts all week (no shoes and no long sleeves even though it was a bit chilly in the mornings!) and George busted out a few tshirts as well. He wore this funky "playsuit" from Vikki...it is really cute and I hope he gets lots of wear out of it!

George has been spending a bit of time in the exersaucer, building up his stamina. He likes to suck the edge (as per the picture). I thought he was just "exploring" but on Friday we discovered that his first tooth has come through! The centre bottom left tooth. It is hard to see as every time you try and pull his lip away he uses his tongue to check out your finger! I did have a bit of a looksee yesterday though and I could see the centre bottom right one sitting there as well.

We had a out first "family of four" holiday when we took off to visit Tracey and Brett in Havelock North. We had a great time, the boys were great in the car and travelled really well. Tracey and Brett have three boys - Tom (9), Blake (nearly 7) and Olly (3) - it was quite full on and Joseph took a bit of time to get used to things. However, they have loads of great boy toys - diggers, bikes, a trampoline, a rope swing and a huge sandpit (or sand pip as Joseph calls it!). Joseph and Olly got on really well - here they are having a ice cream cone after their bath.

Joseph tried all the different bikes - trikes, glide and ride, scooters and his favourite, the tractor.

We've also gone cold turkey on Joseph's bottle - he's not had one since Friday. He did cry for it last night and this morning (40 mins of grizzling at 4am!!) but we have been steadfast in our resolve (even though we're tired now!). I've hidden them all away in a cupboard so he can't find them. Now for toilet training!

Another first was Joseph and George sharing a bath. I'm not sure either boy was convinced this was a great idea!

No comments: